Amazing collection in Mondial de l'auto Paris 2006

Hello,

This year, there was an exhibition of classic cars during "le mondial de l'automobile 2006" in Paris. It was called "l'incroyable collection" ! And, it was.... incredible !! ;-) I just add on my website about 30 photos of this show :

(gallery = mondial de l'automobile 06) Regards.

Reply to
arrrnob

Formidable, m'sieur!

Great collection, but a few titles would have been handy on the incroyable page. I can identify some, but others mystify me somewhat. Of the ones I know, the GP Lago Talbot reminds me of Phi-Phi Etancelin who used to drive one with his cap on back-to-front - no nonsense with crash helmets in those days. The band-leader Johnny Claes also drove one (yellow - Belgian racing colour) and one year at Silverstone a collective aberration on the part of the time-keepers put him on pole position. He left the track at Abbey Curve on the first lap trying to live up to their expectations.

It's a shame there weren't any late '30's Delahayes or Delages, but they all seem to be at Pebble Beach these days.

Ron Robinson

Reply to
R.N. Robinson

arrrnob ( snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.fr) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

PLEASE tell me it isn't a real live DS version of the C4 ad...?

Reply to
Adrian

"R.N. Robinson" a écrit

Thank you for your comment ;-)

Reply to
arrrnob

"Adrian" a écrit

No, it's just a funny entertainment show from Citroen... The car is transforming to a big robot !! See there =>

arrrnob

"arrrnob" realised it was Mon, 30 Oct 2006

16:42:51 +0100 and decided it was time to write:

It does look like a rip-off of Citroen's own C4 transformer TV ad. Here's a long version of that:

Yippee

Yippee realised it was Mon, 30 Oct 2006

18:51:04 +0100 and decided it was time to write:

Oh, and to keep things on-topic, here's the 'classic' version:

Yippee

arrrnob ( snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.fr) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

That's a "Yes", then...

I can't decide if I like it or not...

Reply to
Adrian

"Adrian" a écrit

Oh, Yes... excuse me ! English is not my natural language, and I don't understood "ad" as "advertisement".

So, I correct : Yes, It's a real live DS version of the C4 ad. But, not very esthetic anyway... ;-)

Regards,

Reply to
arrrnob

"Yippee" a écrit

Thanks for these links. Especially the 2nd one which is very funny !!

Regards,

Reply to
arrrnob