Anybody got a Moggy Trav & a tape measure handy...?

I could do with a favour...

I could _really_ do with exterior width & floor-to-roof height measurements at the B-pillar and at the body rear.

A car cover vendor is claiming that the best cover for the (long, tall)

2cv van would be the one designed for a Trav. I reckon it's got no chance whatsoever...
Reply to
Adrian

Exterior width is 5' 1/2" (without wing mirrors). The height I'll have to check - gimme a few mins.

Which company?

Reply to
Aard

Aard gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Wonderful. Ta.

CoverZone.

Reply to
Adrian

Its sixty inches along the length of the roof (give or take, mine's a tad shorter but its been lowered)

Not wishing to cast nasturtiums, but I'd suggest you try a vendor with a bit more cloo. Try

- I've got one oftheir Traveller covers and they're GOOD. (Not the cheapest, mind, butyou get what you pay for)

Reply to
Aard

D'oh, that doesn't come out right written down. I mean its sixty inches HIGH, along the full length of the roof. There, that's better!

Reply to
Aard

Aard gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Is that ground or bottom of body to roof?

By comparison, the van's 58.5" wide and 52" high (floor-to-roof) at the back of the body, coming in suddenly at the B-pillar to 47" wide and 45" high.

I think we have an answer. Flappityflapflap.

Ta. I shall have a look.

Hmm. Seem to be cheaper generally, although they don't list 2cv van. Yet.

Reply to
Adrian

Ground

Don't sound good, does it? LOL

Give them a call. It's not as though the van's popular enough that they'd give you a free one just to use yours as a guinea-pig for measurements, but I've found them very approachable.

Reply to
Aard

Aard gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

What sort of ground clearance?

Reply to
Adrian

For what it's worth, both my Herald and DS live under their indoor covers, and my pal's Dart lives under one of their breathable ones. The quality is fine and the prices very good. I'd buy from them again

- heck, I already have.

Ian

Reply to
Ian

Aard gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Who, armed with measurements, have come back with "We suggest the Moggy Trav cover..."

Hmmm.

Reply to
Adrian

Maybe we can help, look at our website