any one here got a 600 ti

I looking at buying one one done 122k full history. Whats about to go bang, I guess the cluth, gearbox, head gaskit anything else, should I bother he wants 700 notes.

Reply to
dogsbottom

LOL @ the subject.

Does Dolly Parton sleep on her back?

Reply to
fishman

Is a frogs ass watertight?

Reply to
Ronny

Is the pope a catholic?

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Not the head gasket especially, not more than any other turbo, ditto the clutch, no more than anything else with 200bhp, gearbox might be about to die, listen for any odd noises. For £700 you get 200bhp, can't go too far wrong :)

Reply to
DanTXD

I think there's actually only 2 or 3 now isn't there? Theres Nom, Bigus although he doesn'r post much anymore, and is there an Andy that has one?

Reply to
DanTXD

I have one, and I'll probably get another one when this one is through.

Well, maybe not. Fine car though.

Reply to
Witteryfuchery

Did Lordy eventually sell his, or is it lieing unwanted at the back of the garden?

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Gearbox maybe, discs are supposed to be a bit of pig to change, ISTR that cambelts are a 50k mile thing. If it's been done 22k ago, you are laughing, if it has been neglected it's second change, maybe about to go twang in a big way.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Flogged it for £900 iirc, even tho the wastegate was hanging off :)

Reply to
DanTXD

I'm an Andy and I have one, last posted ages ago, been lurking lately.

If the OP can wait until the end of March he can have mine! Hit 71k today...

Reply to
A.

lol.. I like that analogy :)

wow, someone noticed.. I blame it on the Everquest 2 myself.. well, that and a holiday in Thailand :-)

Have you still got your Ti Nom? - I got the impression it was fairly imminently on it's way out..

Dogsbottom: they are deservedly a cult car* so go for it.. well, a Ti in principle, but a 122k one? hmmm, not quite so sure about that.. apart from what you mentioned (although Gearboxes - do they go on the Ti's?), check the radiator. I think the 600s must have been a bit badly designed in respect of how prone the rads are to stone damage. I had mine go at about 50k and the rad in my previous 620Sli went too, except the rads on the Ti's are more expensive. Also check to see if it's had it's second cambelt change (every

60k).

Generally, I think the 600 series are good reliable cars, but the Ti's tend to get driven rather enthusiastically, so you could find more mechanical wear than on other models. My SLi had 155k on the clock when I parted with it and I reckon it would have gone on for a fair bit beyond that (engine-wise that was Honda though). With that kind of mileage there's a reasonable chance you may find niggles like slow/straining driver's electric window, sticky electric aerial and clocks that lose segments of the display. You may also see rust blobs under the door mirrors and above the rear wheel arches.

Otherwise build quality seems pretty good in my experience and besides, just drive it and you'll love it :)

Bigus

  • well I consider them one, so there ;-)
Reply to
Bigus

What sort of nick is it in and whereaboutsish do you live?

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

H I mate I will probably need it by March is there anything I should look out for when buying one. What do you want for it and where are you, the one I`m getting is cheap so could use as spaires if it all goes terribly wrong.

If I sound a bit negitave its because I had lots of Alfas before I love them but when they do go wrong they cost a bunch. I had a lovelly 75 3.0 tewaked map fast road cambs 220 bhp rwd. But it ate propsharfts for lunch.

Reply to
dogsbottom

Ok I am totally sold on it now will get back to you on on thursday wit report on first day of ownership.

P.S. If anyone whants a alfa 164 3.0 v6 very cheap like 200 notes or will swap foprspmething for the rover get in touch.

Its a 1990 perfect engine inetrior exetric everything climate controle seletric seats full history mot till 07 05 tax till Jan. Auto box only works in first and second, whold make a brill engine transplant or kit car or mod for a fiat

Reply to
dogsbottom
[..]

Alfas?! ALFAS!! - They're plain utter, Italian wanky s**te.

Get a Ti. You'll never look at a poncy Italian car again.

Mheh..

(Cue SteveH)

Reply to
Lordy

I'll swap it for some blue lED washer jets. Should fit the Rover. Chrome too, so will go well!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

lol he he he we will see

Reply to
dogsbottom

are they new or used

Reply to
dogsbottom

If you had said this 4 months ago, I would have probably ripped your hand off.Was looking at Alfas, and Hondas before I bought the Celica. The 155 early model and the 164 (although would probably have been a TS not a V6) would have been on my list to look (although was considering a £2k ish) 145 Cloverleaf if I could have found one.

For £200, with that tax, ticket, and history, you might attract SteveH, but he will probably try to beat you down on it.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar