Classic? Vauxhall Cabrio

I have a 1986 Vauxhall Cabrio for disposal - probably not a Classic? It is complete except for starter any interest ?

Reply to
Philco

How rotten is it, and where are you - starter motor isn't a big deal for a 1.8 Family engine, which is what I think these all had? ;)

(Does that count as interest?)

It's not a classic per se, especially since the J-body convertibles are ten a penny in the US (usually as a Pontiac Sunfire or something like that), but it's interesting.

Worst places for rot are apparently the boot floor and front inner wings.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK-PB

Depends on what it is.

Astra Cabrio = worthless heap of s**te. Cavalier Cabrio = Appreciating and rare modern classic. Nova Cabrio = Rare as rockinghorse shit, some people will pay silly money for them.

Reply to
SteveH

Reply to
Philco

Hmm, too far away from me sadly. Shame, as I quite like 'em.

Steve, did they make the Astra Cabrio in '86?

Richard

Reply to
RichardK-PB

Hmmm, I think so. My brother had, ISTR, an E-plater. Total rot-box it was. Which is unusual for a MkII Astra ;-)

It was so bad it 'went missing' one night and was found burned out 2 days later at Hartshead Pike just outside Manchester.....

Reply to
SteveH

RichardK-PB ( snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAMbtconnect.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

That would have been very early Mk2 Ashtray - my mother had an A-plate Mk1 GTE - IIRC, 85/B was the change-over.

I'd guess it'd be a bit early for the cabrio.

Reply to
Adrian

Where's the rest of the car? :-))

Reply to
Mike Phipps

It returned to iron oxide many years ago.

Reply to
SteveH

LOL. Nice one. Mike.

Reply to