Crankshaft pulley for a BMC 1.5 diesel

Wiki to the rescue

I recall reading somewhere that one fundamental limit of the engine was the stroke of 89mm which was set by the position of the camshaft.

Reply to
Fredxx

That's because it was *replaced* by the larger variants. It was overbored to 1588 then a major redesign to 1622 with a larger crank. The 1798 a development of that - before getting 5 main bearings. Although two sizes may have been available at the same time, the 1500 was dead and buried long before the 5 bearing came out.

Basically a B Series.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Both 3 bearing. There were three different 1600s fitted to the MGA if you include the twin cam. IIRC, the 5 bearing was developed mainly for the 'Land Crab' 1800 saloons.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I recall that Car magazine tested a Morris Oxford (Farina) diesel. The picture was of a Farina, covered in cobwebs and apparently in a scrapyard. Part of the text was "I started it up, and omigawd the bigends have gone". The good days when the irreverent Aussie Doug Blaine was editor.

GMacK

Reply to
Geoff Mackenzie