Free Online Classic Car Magazine

I like this one:

It is free and very nice.

foster ___________________

foster

"foster" realised it was 28 Dec 2006 15:46:47 -0800 and decided it was time to write:

It is not about classic cars. Therefore, I don't like it, however 'free' it purports to be.

Reply to
Yippee

Well I'm real sorry to hear that you dont like it, cornhead. (Why dont you pretend that I care.)

Reply to
foster

"foster" realised it was 1 Jan 2007 06:46:29 -0800 and decided it was time to write:

Thanks for confirming your lack of argument.

Reply to
Yippee

This is a really nasty site. It crashes one browser and fails to render properly on another. The home page fails validation with 54 errors. Sorry, but however good the content is, if people put out this sort of crap coding I'm not going to bother with it.

Reply to
Richard Porter

browser and fails to

Wonder what browser youre using? Ive used it on IE6 & Safari without issue.

Reply to
foster

thanks for brandishing your small mind.

Reply to
foster

NetSurf (03 Jan), Oregano 1.10, Firefox 1.5 (Deer Park 2), Fresco

2.13, IE 5.1:Mac, Netscape 4.7 & 7 and Mozilla. Some work better than others. However the choice of browser doesn't affect the W3C Validation. If you don't follow the RFCs you can't guarantee how the browser will handle the errors. I'm not surprised it works with IE6. Web designers make sites work with IE because it's the dominant browser regardless of whether they work on other platforms. I don't have the option to download the latest version of Internet Explorer. I do have the option to write clean html and validate it.
Reply to
Richard Porter

Well I tried it today with firefox to see if it would fail and it worked fine ( I think it was version 2 on fc6.) Perhaps you should lighten up and join us in the modern world? Everything new is not bad and that magazine is quite nice.

Reply to
foster

with firefox to see if it would fail and it

Oh BTW, if your entirely hung up on their "lack of standard html coding and disrespect for the RFC's of the 1990's" you can download the PDF version and view it, provided of course that you have access to a viewer that is of at least this century's vintage. I realize that I'm going out on a limb with this suggestion also, and this may raise your ire and irritate some other nerve you may have surrounding Adobe and their lack of standards but I thought I might mention it anyway. Cheers :)

Reply to
foster

What, and have to cope with viruses, worms, trojans, back doors, spyware, adware, spambots, fragmenting hard drives, the registry, ...? No thanks. I don't drive a Ford Mondeo and I don't drive a Micro$oft Windows PC. I have enough trouble coping with the output of other people's compromised PCs. Its harmless but a PITA.

Reply to
Richard Porter

Certainly, and there's a new version under development. But have you heard of backwards compatibility? I'm not hung up on standards but I'm pointing out that if you taylor a site to the non-standard features, quirks and peculiarities of one particular browser you can't be surprised if it doesn't work on some others.

We can't just make up the rules of the road as we drive along (though some people obviously do). We don't buy petrol and then find it will only work in one make of car. Anyway if you want to communicate or sell to as many people as possible you don't make it difficult for them.

Enough said. I don't drive a car of this century's vintage. Let's get back to classics!

Reply to
Richard Porter