classic market in UK

I am considering selling my right hand drive Jaguar 240, here in Holland, but have been told that the classic car market is totally dead since people
have not got money at the moment for luxury goods. I have advertised it locally, but have not had any enquiries at all. Admittedly, being a right-hand drive doesn't help.
Could somebody please give me an indication what the classic car market is currently like in the UK, as I am contemplating letting the car go back home. If I were to do that, however, I would have to drop my asking price considerably as classic cars in general are much cheaper in the UK. Just to illustrate that point, I bought the car for GBP 12,000 in the UK, and it was insured for and valued straight away in Holland for the equivalent of GBP 20,000.
Cheers, Simon.
p.s. this has not been posted as an advertisement to sell, so please don't blast me for that.

240?
Are you talking about the follow on from the MKII with cheap trim, etc? If that is the case, don't send it to Australia, going price for an average vehicle is 2,260 to 3,000 GBP!
I guess the difference maybe due to rust problems in the UK and Europe.

Yes, that's the car I mean. Only GBP 3,000 ??? WOW. Mine is in very good and original condition though.
I find the Dutch, with all due respect to them, pay well over the top though for anything that is old, because they have this feeling it must be worth something!! Just an observation of mine.
Simon.
Hi simon, heres a link to a classic auction site here in the uk and a guide to prices fetched for 240's over the last few years.
http://www.classic-auctions.co.uk/findmodel.php?&model $0_SALOON&make=JAGUAR

people

guide
http://www.classic-auctions.co.uk/findmodel.php?&model $0_SALOON&make=JAGUA R