Ginetta g4 who can give informations

i just bought a ginetta g4 kit car. it´s just a frame and body. the frame does not look complet and all technical parts are missing. I got no papers or plans. can anybody help me???

Reply to
sven

In message , sven writes

Is one of the Walkletts still running the company? If so, then I'm sure that you could get the information straight from the horses mouth, so to speak.

Reply to
Chris Morriss

The Ginneta line split the Walketts sold the name and the rights to the designs including those based on the G4 BUT the Walketts kept the rights to manufacture G4s and are back still supporting the G4.

The mechainical bits are all either Ford (engine gearbox rear axle) or Triumph (Front Suspension Brakes) so another another source of help are the guys that make parts for Locost builiders such as GTs and MK enginnering and the the Locost Builders forum.

Later G4 used Cortina suspension with the latest cars using Sierra bits. If yours is a midlate 60s car it is likekly to need Triumpph Herald/ bits and Escort MK1/2 or Cortina Mk1/2 Axles. Escort axles tend to be hard to find because of the number of Locosts getting built but you could use a Marina unit as used on some Caterham 7s and has the the same wheel fitting as the he Triumph front end..

Most 60s G4s have a long racing history so it might be an idea to try identify the the original owner of he chassis. Among the most succesfull was John Absalom who was a major name in modsports racing in the north.

Reply to
awm

The Walkett branch of the Ginetta tree can be found at

It took a bit of digging to find this as at least 4 companies seem to be building or marketing cars based on the G4.

Reply to
Ernest Bilko