Series II G4 Questions

Having had to hand back my last Disco SII company car when I set up on my own I'm now looking to replace her and have found what looks like a mint G4 Spec SII.

However there are some features in it's spec list which make we wonder if it is indeed a G4 and I'm wondering if there is a definitive spec sheet or if someone here in the group can advise?

The vehicle I looked at has the 4.0 v8 but it is an auto and has leather whereas i thought G4 specc'd vehicles were all manual and had fabric seats? It does have the safety devices rack, snorkel, warn winch and spotlights.

It's RHD on an 03 reg with only 8k on the clock. As its claimed to be a genuine G4 spec I'm just cautious that it is as claimed?

TAI

Reply to
Darren Griffin - PocketGPSWorld.Com

"Darren Griffin - PocketGPSWorld.Com" wrote in message news:44f47da8$0$2684$ snipped-for-privacy@ptn-nntp-reader02.plus.net...

Nice isn't it! I had my eye on it too (saw it on Autotrader) although funds are holding me back for now. As far as I know all V8 D2's are Auto and I have seen a few G4's with leather so I wouldn't worry. The best way to check is to get the VIN number from the seller and get someone at a LR garage to check it on their computer. You could do an HPI search and it might give enough info but the dealer check is the best bet.

Andy

Reply to
Andy

Well I've just bought it! It's one of the batch I recall reading about that were held by Keith Gott and were available for export only so quite how this came to be UK registered I'm not sure although the current owner bought it direct from Keith Gott. It's in superb condition with all the correct G4 challenge anciliaries and close inspection indicates it hasn't been used on anything too gruelling as it's in mint condition with no damage whatsoever. The clocks are in KM/H and it is missing the 6th and 7th seats but it is otherwise a beauty!

Now I just have to wait for the paperwork and private plate transfer and I can go play!