Help! ID Unipart / Girling Brake Shoes

Dear All

I was recently given some front brakes shoes which purport to be for a Ford Anglia 105E and should therefore also fit a Reliant Rebel. However, although they are the right diameter and width, they are not quite the same: the lining is a little smaller (round the circumference) and there is one less mounting hole and one less notch on the flange.

With a little adaptation they would fit, but I am curious to know what I have. Does anyone have access to a Unipart or Girling application list? The Unipart box says "GBS 156 / GLS W / F 74 QTY 1 PR", out of which "GBS 156" looks the most likely part number. The shoes themselves have "64377634" stamped on them, which looks awful like a Girling part number - the official Rebel shoes are Girling

64374497CF.

Any help very gratefully received. And if anyone wants these shoes let me know!

Ian

Reply to
Ian

My Moprod book gives the Girling number as being for a Viva HA/HB/HC, though that looks nothing like the Rebel or for that matter the 105E. I don't have a listing for the Unipart number.

Reply to
Chris Bolus

Thanks, guv. I think one Girling 8" x 1 1/4" brake shoe is much like any other, save for different mounting details ...

Ian

Reply to
Ian

Reply to
Rob, Jane and Freddy

Apart from the different lining, mounting holes and metalwork, you mean?

Ian

Reply to
Ian

It's a troll - can't even spell "Rod"...

Reply to
Ian Dalziel