Hillman Minx Opinions

Can anyone tell me roughly how old that Minx is? I have the opportunity to get it to restore, but I haven't been able to talk to the owner, just the owner of the land it's on. Going from what I have read on the internet it's a series III? dating from the 60s? The gearchange is on the steering column if that helps any.

What's the availability of parts like? I've never had a classic this old before so this would be a starter project, and yes I do like to jump in at the deep end!

Thanks, Bryan.

Reply to
Bryan
1958/9
Reply to
PJJ

opportunity to

My money would be on it being either a 1958 or 59 Series III model. (Sep. 58 to Sep. 59) The series IIIA model which replaced it had rectangular sidelights. If you have the chassis number I should be able to date it more accurately.

Reply to
Richard H Huelin

If you have the (original) registration number, I can date it...

-- Howard Rose

1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe 1962 Austin Mini De-Luxe 1964 Austin Mini Super De-Luxe
Howard Rose

I don't have the original registration - it seems to have been re-registered in the late 80s, it has UXI as its current plate. I believe this is what sealed it's fate - someone simply wanted the original plate and then parked up the Minx.

Thanks, Bryan.

Reply to
Bryan