I reported a pothole..

And I got this reply:

"Date reported: 25/01/2023 Description: Hole approx. size of dinner plate.

Following your recent report, we are pleased to confirm that we have ordered work to be carried out which we hope will resolve the issue you raised with us within approximately 8 calendar weeks.

Please note that this is subject to weather conditions and being able to gain the necessary access to carry out any work (as parked vehicles, traffic conditions and other local issues can sometimes prevent this)."

Eight weeks! the last time I reported one, it was because I had damaged my tyre and wheel, for which I received compensation. Eight weeks! Luckily it is on a country road, there are never any problems with traffic or parked vehicles.

Reply to
Davey

It must be tempting to put your worst tyres on the car and damage them on the pothole during that 8 weeks and let the council pay for the replacements. :-)

Jim

Reply to
Indy Jess John

The problem there is that the only tyres I have that fit the car are already on it.

Reply to
Davey

And fit your worst set of coil springs and shock absorbers ?

I have lost count of the number of broken off bits of coil spring which have seen laying in various gutters around here and I can imagine them being a bit of a hazard for cyclists and motorcyclists.

Luckily for all of us, wrecked suspension ball joints dont fall off quite so easily :-\

Reply to
Abandoned_Trolley

about three weeks ago, ie within the eight week estimate, I saw thata they pothole had indeed been filled in. Then last weekend, I saw that it had already gained a small hole at the leaving edge. I wonder how long it will be before it is again reportable?

Reply to
Davey