Mystery Car

Does anyone know what this is?

I think it's a Lancia, or maybe a Maserati. Sorry, don't have a higher resolution picture, or I would be able to decipher the badges/info board! I've had a suggestion that it's a de Tomaso Longchamp, but I'm not convinced.

Reply to
Halmyre

Very similar lines to this:

Conor

I thought of a Longchamp, but the rear window treatment is wrong.

I've seen that thing somewhere, and I should know what it is.

Reply to
Pete M

A chap on the Atlas F1 Nostalgia forum tracked it down - it's a 1971 Momo Mirage; Chevy mechanicals, Frua body, built by Monteverdi.

Reply to
Halmyre

I am completely wrong, but my first instinct was Ford Mustang - though a second look said the radiator grille ruled that out.

But did Ford use a stylist that also worked for an Italian company?

Jim

Reply to
Jim Warren

Yay! For some reason the name Frua came to mind the moment I looked at the photo. Now I'm trying to think why...

Reply to
Willy Eckerslyke

Ah yes:

I'd been thinking Gordon Keeble or Bristol but couldn't find any of those that looked similar. definitely not a DeTomaso.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I'd been thinking Frua in terms of going "Is that a Glas?" and then wondering about oddballs like the Monteverdi.

He really did design some beautiful, understated cars.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick