Td5 boost & other questions ....

Being in darkest Africa, it can take years for decent stuff to make it over here ;-) Is there a suppliers that makes in a metal with rubber collar boost pipes that can replace the std Td5 rubber boost hoses

I gather that the Td5 runs a Garret G22 turbo but the G23 would be an upgrade ..... what is this upgrade good for ....higher boost? More turbo lag? Supplier?

Jeremy Fearn does a boost controller for the Td5. I know he must be a busy man as I have failed to track him down to answer any e-mails. Anybody did this upgrade and any gain? (Wise words as how to get Jeremy's input?)

Currently I am running a larger intercooler with a Unichip ....EGT hovers on

720 C at max power sustained at 32 C ambient.

Did anybody replace center xhaust box with straight through pipe? Any advantage?

Thanx for your response in advance.

From Africa

Aubrey

Reply to
Aubrey

Aubrey Hi,

straight through replacement stainless steel pipe for D90 TD5 vehicles costs

44.95 pounds and for D110s is at 55.95 pounds. Price does NOT include VAT (it won't be charged if it is sent directly to you outside the European Union) and shipping.

Please let me know if you are interested and I can order it from Scorpion Racing when I place my next order with them for their Greek clients.

Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

Hi

Along similar lines...

I've been thinking about tuning my Defender TD5, and I wondered whether anyone has done a comparison between solutions from:

JE Engineering Jeremy J Fearn Twisted Performance Scorpion Racing

It is a '04 TD5, so I would prefer a remapping of the ECU, rather than a plug-in box. I would also want an upgraded intercooler (it's got aircon), and maybe a better exhaust (or at least the middle box removed), plus better air filter. Then I see Jeremy J Fearn does the turbo boost box, too.

Next step would be a higher tranfer box ratio, I guess... + brakes?

Reply to
'T'

Thanx Pantelis

Going to UK shortly so can carry on luggage it ;-) Question is ...does it work?

Any comments on the others possible mods?

Cheers from Africa

Aubrey

Reply to
Aubrey

Get hold of a copy of the September edition of Land Rover Monthly magazine where you will find a 14 page special feature on performance upgrades.

HTH

Steve. Suffolk. remove 'knujon' to e-mail

Reply to
AN6530

Hi Aubrey,

I have the Jeremy Fearn upgrade in my 2000 110 Td5, including their intercooler. The turn around time was very fast. I think it was like 7 days.

After I installed it in my 110, I was shocked to discover how much more power and torque this Td5 engine could generate. I am very happy so far the only thing I noticed was the milage went down a bit, from 26mpg to 24mpg. I was blown away, especially at the 2nd gear, that I could almost get an whiplash... ahaha

Take care!

Cheers, Kent

Reply to
Kent Shih

Read it but I don't trust these journo types 100%. Seldom that I have ever seen a bad report on a product from one of their advertisers. I prefer to ask those that use it day to day and not just for s short high speed burst.

Reply to
Aubrey

Did you also fir the boost controller from Jeremy?

Reply to
Aubrey

Aubrey,

not quite sure what you were asking. But anyway, I bought the total package (chip upgrade + larger intercooler)

I had to remove (unbolt) my ECU and then send it off to them (remember, I am in the USA). After about a week, I received my updated ECU with their newer intercooler.

+Kent

Reply to
Kent S