Plastic Pig

I also had a friend, now passed on, who used to tow a bike trailer behind a Reliant Robin Estate and take his classic bikes to shows, on one occasion the fan belt broke and we drove home forty miles with the heater on and windows open and it made no attempt to go into the red on the temp gauge. The engine is as tough as nails.

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

To be honest, I can't really be bothered. And if I do it right, I ought to be able to make a decent profit selling it in bits. Someone paid 100 quid on eBay recently for a engine and 'box with half the anciliaries missing and no suggestion that it actually ran. This one ticks over nicely so I'd hope for at least that much. Axles go for 60 plus. If I can figure out what parts bins were raided for other bits (interior door handles are MGB/Marina), there may be more dosh to be made. Also, I could do with the wheels & tyres (Mini sized) for my trailer. As for the body, I rather fancy hoiking it up a tree to make a tree-house for the kids!

Reply to
Willy Eckerslyke

That's the other part of the appeal of taking the car apart, I want a close look at that all alloy engine.

Reply to
Willy Eckerslyke

Does Ian know where you live? Be afraid...

Reply to
Ian Dalziel

Your warning came about half an hour too late!

Reply to
Willy Eckerslyke

Love the idea of a Reliant Robin tree house - genius!

Reply to
Ken (the sane one)

cut it down into a pickup then turn it into a boat. how much you want for it lol.

Reply to
bongo rule

ISTR the 750 Motor Club used them for racing when the supply of Austin 7 engines was running low - maybe they still do.

Ron Robinson

Reply to
R.N. Robinson

A nest, surely?

Ron Robinson

Reply to
R.N. Robinson

Groan!

Reply to
Willy Eckerslyke

They've been known to rev them to 10,000 rpm or so...they _are_ tough! I've pulled a few apart over the years. Head gasket changes with the engine in the car is no fun on the Regal... :-(

Reply to
Stan Barr