How Long do the 12V Batteries Last ?

I replaced the 12-volt battery on my '05 at about 103,000 miles.

earle

*
Reply to
Earle Jones

I replaced the 12-volt battery on my '05 at about 103,000 miles.

earle

*
Reply to
EARTHLINK EAST

Optima direct replacement and same cost as OEM.

Michael Dobony

and mixed reviews.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

True. They used to be made in Denver by Gates. Then they moved elsewhere. Now they're made overseas. They're not as good as they used to be. Batteries Plus has a couple of replacement models that cost much less ($185 - $230) than the one from a Toyota dealer ($300+). They'll also wheel out a proper tester and measure the existing battery's output both at rest and under load the machine generates, at no charge. If you don't need a new battery they'll tel you and also give you a guesstimate of how much longer you may have before needing to replace it.

Reply to
Green Eggs & No Spam