Cool Tins - Good Idea?

I'm going to pull my 1776, dual Kads engine to do a little cleanup work and just fiddle with it. I have a set of new cool tins and was wondering if it was a good idea to properly install them (per Bob Hoover) along with all the original tinware and thermostat/flaps. The ambient daily temperature is 100 deg F in this area and this engine has never run hot; in fact; it is the coolest vw engine I have ever had and I have had many. Opinions, Please?

El Paso Bob

1776 71 Std Baja w/shroud - duct for engine
Reply to
The Joneses

JMHO First let me say "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

IIRC I think the Cool Tins were original equipment on the Type III engines. So it should help cool your engine if you want to use them. Getting plenty of fresh air to your engine is more important, so make sure your engine lid does not restrict air movement.

dave

Use the stock Type I tins....

My data didn't lie.

Reply to