Re: gluing rubber

> I've heard of Dinitrol 410 and even considered making some new rubber >spring seats using a mold made from an old one, but after closely >examining the old ones, I decided that a strong rubber glue to repair >the splits would be enough. With the Dinitrol 410, I've read that the >mixture needs to be exact, and some people mix the whole kit in one >go, did you manage to get the mix correct without mixing all of it >in one go? and save the rest for other applications, and what shelf >life is there from it?.

I think you're confusing it with another product. It's a polyurethane sealant in a tube like the silicon sealant things, you need a sealant gun for it. Just squeeze it out and use. Yes it does have a limited shelf life - a few months really - and once it starts to go off inside the tube it's had it (I'm finishing off off right now that I had to cut open as both ends had set).

Reply to
Chris Bolus

This is the stuff I'm talking about:

Chris Bolus