Re: Re: Re: How do I store tires/tyres for a very long time???

Alex ( snipped-for-privacy@cbmsys.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they

>were saying : > >>>From
:> >> An interesting site, however a friend of mine has tyres marked >> 225/60R390. Perhaps he has a tractor, or this information is a little >> incomplete? > >Sure they're not 220/55?

Possibly. It's off a Jag soverign.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Interesting. In 40+ years of motoring I can only remember two punctures - one on an old Magnette, which simply wore through the various layers of canvas, the other in a DB4 - cause unknown. That is until I bought a Sovereign (Series 3) in about 1985, and ran it for 150k miles. During that time I had seven punctures.

Since selling it I have not had a puncture since. Causes me to think.

Geoff MacK

Reply to
Geoff Mackenzie

Alex ( snipped-for-privacy@cbmsys.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I'd forgotten XJ40s used TRXs too. I was thinking CX Turbo.

TRXs tended to use even-number mm tread widths - just another of those little foibles...

Reply to
Adrian