Re: Removing scuffs and scratches from glass

Did I imagine it, or did I once read on here that 'Brasso' (or something

> similar) can be used to remove scratches from car glass? It's drivers > drop-glass that's scuffed (rather than scratched) vertically from worn > weather strips. > Dale Turley >
'66 Singer Vogue IV (Brit Difrunt)> '71 Triumph Herald 13/60 convertible (Brit Rusty!)> '73 Austin 1800 MKII> '73 Honda CB250K4 > '01 Peugeot 306 Meridian > '02 Citroen C3 1.4HDi 16v Exclusive

Brasso (or TCut) will polish glass but needs a hell of lot of elbow grease! Another option (depending on how big the scratches) would be Jewelers Rouge.

I.

Reply to
Iain Miller

Jewelers rouge is by far the best way. I got some from Autoglass of all people as they use it themselves. However even with this for the latest job, I needed to use a mini polisher otherwise a lot of elbow grease would have been needed.

Brasso is excellent for plastic screens, perspex etc and I suspect T cut would be ok as well. It is not as abrasive (quite) but it is astonishing how good it is as a metal polish when one cannot find the brasso!

Martyn Culling

Reply to
NewsGroups