clean

Can anybody tell me what the best thing is for cleaning headlight glass,its got a lot of very small chips in the lens,was told toothpaste
is this true/.?

brasso and alot of elbow grease
ggj
Brasso and that works dos it?

Depends on the quality of the elbow grease. Actually I would have thought you needed something a little more coarse than brasso for glass. Brasso works well for plastic lamp lenses.
Well i have tryed Brasso and yes it did work a little bit,like you said its good on the plastic covers ,so if any body know whats good for cleaning headlight len please let me(us) know. thanks chris..

Hi Chris, what model of car headlight are you trying to clean up, it may be easier in the long run to keep an eye on e-bay for a replacement, I found one for 2 for a 300tdi Discovery a year or so back.
ggj
its for a pug 405 diesel 1992 . i have looked on e,bay tonight but no luck.

Have a look at this, Item number: 330084080353 on ebay ,they sell both sides brand new 26 each.
might be easier in the long run ggj

What about a breakers. I think there are a some near Addlestone, otherwise there is one in Sunbury On the road from Chertsey Bridge about a mile after you cross the roundabout for Walton Bridge with the garage on the corner. It is on the left not far after the Holiday Inn that used to be the Shepperton Moathouse.
--
Keith Willcocks
I have rung them and got told they have no 405 in at mo,

Actually there are several sites that "search" breakers yards. I used one a couple of years ago for a bit for the 406 and had several contacts back who had what I wanted. I was quite impressed.
--
Keith Willcocks

Site Timeline