Re: Vinyl Roof Re-covering ?

""...I have a Ford Escort Mk2 with a somewhat tatty vinyl roof...Does anyone know of a firm in the south that would be able to recover the roof? Either that, or has anyone re-covered a similar roof before and knows how to do it?""

Chris, I've never done one myself, but I have got a NOS Quickfit brown vinyl rook kit, still in its original box, with the adhesive and instructions, if it's of any use? It's listed on the box as being suitable for a MK2 Escort saloon, and include the rear pillars. Dale

Reply to
MrT

does it also say, suitable for avenger ??? if so i'll have it, thats if he dont want it.... cheers

Reply to
bob

""does it also say, suitable for avenger ??? if so i'll have it, thats if he dont want it.... cheers""

It doesn't list the Avenger, but I'd have thought it might. Dale

Reply to
MrT

Dale,

Many thanks for the offer, but I think I need black rather than Brown. Has anyone ever fitted one of these?

Regards

Chris Bedo

Reply to
Chris Bedo

Chris, do a search on our site at

for Trim & Fittings as a service under the Traders section. This should return you some details of companies which may help.

Kindest regards

Tom

Reply to
Classic-Car-World Ltd