Recommendations for classic car insurance wanted

Lost the thread? Well, that's Aussies for you...

;-)

(It wasn't me wot snipped it anyway - it was Adrian, Sir. Please Sir, honest, Sir)

Reply to
Ian Dalziel

Ian Dalziel ( snipped-for-privacy@lineone.net) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

You think I let it go easily?

About £400 for four cars for me, with a daily driver.

FJ wanted £180 for a Slowlex for me. I don't have a bike licence, see. Not even a CBT.

(Not that I need one, as I've got full class P, but YOU try and persuade 'em that!)

Reply to
Adrian

Ian Dalziel ( snipped-for-privacy@lineone.net) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

My client has a "Get Parent" feature. Doesn't everybody's?

Reply to
Adrian

Likewise, but I did persuade them. A lot depends on your choice of vegetable.

Reply to
Ian Dalziel

Ian Dalziel ( snipped-for-privacy@lineone.net) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Like I said - if they're that bloody difficult when you want to GIVE tehm money, what the hell are they going to be like when you want to get money FROM them?

Fuck 'em. They want my business more than I want their policy.

I got a quote for £50 from elsewhere for the Slowlex anyway.

Reply to
Adrian

There is that - I've never made a claim. No reason for them to be difficult as opposed to dense, though - they're brokers, so it wouldn't be their money you were after.

Reply to
Ian Dalziel

: Geoff Mackenzie ( snipped-for-privacy@acsysindia.freeserve.co.uk) gurgled happily, : sounding much like they were saying : : : > Most people will suggest Footman James, but I was unimpressed when I : > called them : : I was with them for a few years, and have just moved away, because they're : useless.

I've had cars insured with them for most of the last twenty years. I have always found them helpful, friendly and efficient. One claim, which they settled very quickly. My 2CV is insured with them at the moment.

Ian

Reply to
Ian Johnston

: VERY picky about what they would and wouldn't cover, slow on sending : paperwork, lost plenty of paperwork, typical call centre with script : readers not people that actually know about insurance.

That doesn't sound like the Footman James I use.

Ian

Reply to
Ian Johnston

: They refused to even consider the 4x4 2cv, even with an engineer's report - : "It's modified, we don't insure modified cars"

They were happy to quote for an LPG-converted DS. Not low enough to have me take it up, but no fussing.

Ian

Reply to
Ian Johnston

Try the Ferrari Owners Club for an owners club insurance quote

Clive

better.

Reply to
tby

Carole Nash are quite good. Lancaster not bad. Firebond...dunno, some swear by them. Is there no FPC (Ferrari Poseurs' Club) insurance scheme?

Reply to
John Redman