4 seat classic car

I am looking to sell my two MGB's (1.8 & 3.9L) and replace them with one classic that will carry four people (two very small ones)
The GT6 looks good, but does it have proper rear seats or is it a shelf?? Any other ideas.
Cheers Colin M.............

You'd not put anyone you liked in there, that's for sure. They'd have to be exceedingly small people and be very short in the leg department to fit in the back of a GT6.

In order of bravery in taking them on... Reliant Scimitar Gilbern Invader Jensen GT Lotus Elite?
There's also things like the V6 Capris and the big straight-6 Opel coupe (the Monza) which might, at a pince, fit the bill.
--
Andy Breen ~ Not speaking on behalf of the University of Wales, Aberystwyth
Feng Shui: an ancient oriental art for extracting

Alvis TE/TF etc? Bags of room, auto or 5-speed ZF, DHC expensive but saloons not, bags of character. Rare. Bentley Mk 6 or whatever the model either side was called? Mark 2 Jaguar, now that the prices are getting sensible? Armstrong Siddeley Tempest/Hurricane/whatever - lovely large four seater tourer, a bit underpowered but with the delightful pre-selector gearbox, and for some reason just not rated - very cheap for a good looking and practical car. Or, right off the wall, Twenties Rolls-Royce 20? Forget about convertibles, the saloons are much, much cheaper. All the above should be in the same price range - 20k for a very good but not concours and much less for one needing work. You didn't say how much you wanted to spend.
Although maybe if you are thinking of moving from MGB to GT6 the above suggestions might not be right for you. All depends what you want from a "classic" - I guess I have given my wish-list at affordable prices, but might not suit you, sir.
Geoff MacK

There are some very toothsome prospects in there, Geoff :) Other possibilities might be Lancias (Fluvia saloon, or the big 6-cylinder coupes - Flamania or something like that. Maybe a Gamma coupe if he's brave), Alfa Romeo Gulias in saloon or Bertone coupe form, FIAT Dino in Bertone coupe form if he can tlerate LHD - why aren't they worth more? Citroen SM would be for the brave, Ferrari 400 or Maserati Khasmin for the mad :)

My suggested list was trying to stay within the realms of "B-like, but much better cars and with four seats".
On the other hand, of course, if he's after something very like an MGB but with four seats...
/space inserted to protect the sensitive/
.. there's always the Morris Marina Coupe.
It's the red waterproof hanging by the door, thanks.
--
Andy Breen ~ Not speaking on behalf of the University of Wales, Aberystwyth
Feng Shui: an ancient oriental art for extracting

An SD1 would do nicely...
--
*Honk if you love peace and quiet.

On Thu, 8 Dec 2005 14:21:08 -0000, "Geoff Mackenzie"

The Classic Car Gallery: http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?m 830847103&n98038677

I was at the revival - older cars !!
On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 18:00:49 GMT, "Colin"

Older than the GB Napier? I must have missed that... ;-)
--

Ian

Maybe I should have said, generally older cars !!!

stag or a Ferrari 308 gt4
mrcheerful
mrcheerful . wrote:

AEC Routemaster.
Willy Eckerslyke (oss108no snipped-for-privacy@bangor.ac.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I like your thinking...
Adrian wrote:

Well it was either that or a snotty remark about the length of string or speculation that the OP was a troll.
On Thu, 08 Dec 2005 12:35:24 GMT, "mrcheerful

Not for under GBP10,000, I hope.....and it's not a Ferrari ;-)>.
David Betts ( snipped-for-privacy@motorsport.org.uk) The Classic Car Gallery: http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?m 830847103&n98038677

http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?m 830847103&n98038677
Oy - pedant's hat on - the 308's predecessor, the 246, was a Dino and not a Ferrari. Although most of them now have Ferrari badges. But the 308 was called a Ferrari from the start. Good car, suffered from comparison from the model it replaced (XJS after E-Type comes to mind) but agree that one for under 10k would be a very bad place to start.
Geoff MacK (The pedants's revolution was led by Which Tyler)

If I said Dino 308gt4 few would know what it was and in any case my log book says Ferrari. I don't think the op put a ceiling price, after all the value of 2 mgbs would buy, errmm 2 mgbs
mrcheerful
On Fri, 09 Dec 2005 22:16:52 GMT, "mrcheerful

You're missing the point. 308s *are* Ferraris, not Dinos. 246s are Dinos, and although they weren't badged as such, they really are Ferraris and they fetch Ferrari money. A good (and I mean good) Dino 346 will cost you an arm and a leg. A decent 308 or 328 can be had for much more reasonable money. A 348 can be had for even less but who the hell wants one of those? F350s and F355s are now getting within reach, too.
On Fri, 9 Dec 2005 17:37:37 -0000, "Geoff Mackenzie"

The Classic Car Gallery: http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?m 830847103&n98038677

Judging by your previous choices, the 'needs' include Low-slung seating, Pretty and Late 60's/early 70's styling. So the obvious choice (as long as you are not allergic to Waxoil) is the most perfectly proportioned car ever, the Giulia Coupe
http://www.aroc-uk.com/classifieds/Images/july/GiuliaCoupeJul05.jpg . You could go more modern and reliable with a late Lotus Excel SE (and yes they are surprisingly reliable)
http://www.lotuseliteparts.bravepages.com/ExcelSE.JPG .

L ots O f T rouble U sually S erious
If Colin is brave (foolhardy) an Elan plus 2 would seem ideal. Unlike a MGB it should see off most modern cars on anything other than a straight road. Keeping one running is of course another story. :-)
--
Roger Chapman

Site Timeline