Torque Wrenches ..hmm.

You should never exceed the setting on any torque wrench. Get yourself a breaker bar for those tight nuts - they're a fraction of the price of a good torque wrench.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

: So what would you all recommend and why ? Any particular make?

Norbar. Everything else - save maybe Britool - is a toy.

Ian

Reply to
Ian Johnston

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Ian Johnston" saying something like:

Utter bollocks.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

: We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the : drugs began to take hold. I remember "Ian Johnston" : saying something like: : : >: So what would you all recommend and why ? Any particular make? : >

: >Norbar. Everything else - save maybe Britool - is a toy. : : Utter bollocks.

Thanks for that.

Ian

Reply to
Ian Johnston

"Ian Johnston" realised it was 8 Dec 2005

09:52:18 GMT and decided it was time to write:

Yes, I agree, a valuable contribution and very well argued.

Reply to
Yippee

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Ian Johnston" saying something like:

No problem :)

Seriously, there are some other good makes out there. Sure, there are some utter crap ones too, but buyer beware, etc.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon