Triumph Spit 1500 - rollbar & hardtop together

Hi all

I have a lovely Spit 1500 which I fitted a rollbar to. Unfortunately, now the soft top doesn't fit past the rollbar at either side, so if I want to put the hard top on as well (which given our weather recently I do quite often!) the hard top doesn't quite fit 'around' the sides of the soft top.

Has anyone had experience of this? Any hints?

Thanks in advance Ian

Reply to
Ian GB

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Ian GB) realised it was 14 Jul 2004 07:18:57 -0700 and decided it was time to write:

What do you mean with 'the hard top doesn't quite fit 'around' the sides of the soft top'? You're supposed to unbolt the rear part of the softtop from the rear deck (two 1/2"AF bolts) and undo the side buttons before fitting the hard top. If the soft top frame isn't knackered, it should sit quite low when folded and not be in the way of the hard top.

Luckily, I've never had any trouble fitting the hard top to my Spit

1500. But then, I've only fitted it twice during the last decade and only because I had no better place to put it.
Reply to
Yippee