Twin SU carburettors

Hi Can anyone tell me what car these came off?

Thanks in advance

BoB

Reply to
bob

That little aluminium tag attached under the screw on the float bowl has a number stamped on it. This says what car they were manufactured for.

There should be one on each carby - I can see one in the picture on the LH carby.

The top dashpot damper number means little these fit heaps of SU's.

rm

Reply to
Rob

Reply to
Pikey1

The tag reads AUD533F is there a web site I can punch this number in to find out what car they belong to?

BoB

Reply to
bob

I think I have found a site, seems they are from a 1971-1979 2000 TC P6. the AUD 533F is the front and there is a AUD533R at the rear. here is the site if you are interested

Thanks Rob for your help

BoB

Reply to
bob

They look to me like pretty large ones - at least 1 3/4", so off a large four cylinder if that narrows it down. Too new for a Triumph, though.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

According to the Haynes manual this spec was used on a 1971-73 Rover

2000 TC (not USA). The suffixes F and R refer to front and rear carbs on twin installations (Rolls-Royce used A and B). Transverse engines and V8s have L and R for left and right. There is also a C suffix for the centre carb on triple SU installations.
Reply to
Richard Porter