Unidentified Parts

I recently purchased some spares for a non MG project of my own. As part of the purchase were what seem to be a number of MG spares + possibly others can anyone on the list please identify them for me?

For pictures click below.

Many Thanks,

Michael

Reply to
Michael Bird

You may have to number them also as there is a good mix.

eg the winder handles pic #2 with the blue tape were used on early mini's

Reply to
me

Thanks, I have done my best to number the items hope this helps.

Reply to
Michael Bird

horn rim trim quartwr light catches , dont know what the light lenses are off, not Magnette. Didnt early Minis have sliding windows?

Steve the grease

Reply to
R L Driver

"Michael Bird" realised it was Sun, 25 Jan 2004

10:41:19 -0000 and decided it was time to write:

The two rightmost lenses under number 16 were used on early TR2's. The chrome bezels are different, though.

Reply to
Yippee

Off various mainly MG cars some prewar but some of the parts such as the mirror stem is as late as early 1960s. The rubber relfectors are the pattern used on MG T Types and other sports cars of the period , as some of the lighting equiment, the number plate lamp and window winders are off a ZA or ZB, while I suspect other handles are from a YA or YB. I suspect some of the other lamps are from an Austin A30. Difficult to value the lot a most of these parts can still be bought either as new old stock or repro.

Reply to
dilbert

If that refers to my comments - yes the early mini had sliders then changed to winders. Not sure when. I bought some at a swap meet recently.

The lenses were used on Morris Minors among other cars from BMC stables Lucas lenses glass. looking at mid 50's 60's

Reply to
me

Number 22 in picture parts4.jpg - the large number plate and reversing light looks the like Triumph Vitesse (not Herald) type but the other lights in that grouping don't look like Triumph stuff.