Need Advice/Jag XK Stockpile of Parts (more info)

I apologize for invading your list with a 'commercial' question. I'm looking for advice.

This repository of original XK parts was bought about 20 years ago. It was a Jaguar XK 120/140/150/Mark II Junkyard of sorts. I know very little about cars and Jaguars... But I know we paid $20,000 (which, at the time, was announced as a considerable bargain). I'd truly appreciate any advice on how we could get the best return...

---Context--- *Inconvenient Location* I'm charged with dealing with this... Unfortunately, I live in New York City and the stockpile of parts is stored way upstate. I recently visited them. I took some pictures of individual parts with my digital camera (see link below)... And I found a parts list, which which I did not have the knowledge to verify (see attached PDF).  *Time: I'm leaving the country soon* We are no hurry to sell these parts, on the other hand, I'm moving to London in a month or so... And if they are not sold by then it would put this project off for a year to three years (which is fine by me, if it means getting a more reasonable deal).  How/where would I reach all the potential buyers? In the electronic age, it can't be that hard. Ideally, I'd give them all the information I have time to collect in one more trip upstate, and auction it off 'as is.' As far as selling parts off individually, I'm inclined against it... But I welcome anyone to make the case that it would be worth the hassle and the risk (in my ignorance I wouldn't know what a 'fair deal' looks like).

Thank you for your time. I apologize for the intrusion.

Sincerely,   Sam Hornblower P.S. Here is a link to a handful of pictures I took with my digital camera:

And here is a link to the PDF of the parts list:

Sam Hornblower

WayneC

This sounds like an old scam- using some pictures and a " leaving country soon" story- hoping some Jag enthusiast will pay for the lot " sight unseen"

Reply to
EdFielder

Reply to
Sam Hornblower

Reply to
Sam Hornblower

Hello Sam,

Firstly I would say, "Thanks", you said it was "more info"...........

I have had a look at the photos and the partslist. I think you are going to have a problem reaching anywhere near what was paid for these items; most XK parts have been reproduced over the years and it doesn't look as if you are holding anything very special. Also, the interest in restoring XK is going, as the generation who would spend money restoring these cars is now slowly dying, literally! Restorers are 40 somethings and the cars they remember and, have a fondness for, were produced well after the XK150.

My advice, FWIW, sell as a job lot and cut your losses.

Reply to
Gerald Harper