What Oil.....

Folks,

Just had my Volvo Amazon's B20 engine rebuit, and I'm coming up for my first oil change, but wondering what to use. I'm wondering about something such as Magnatex, given that (In my head) the engine is "new" so start with a good oil and stay with it.

What are people's views on this? My intention is to change the oil approx every 3000 miles anyway, so would it make much of a difference, than say using a Halfords 20/40 or 20/50, other than I'll save a shed load of money? With the frequency having such an effect.

TIA

EricR

Reply to
EricR

EricR was seen penning the following ode to ... whatever:

I assume that Volvo specified a 20W50 oil for this engine? If that's the case, I'd stay with a quality 20W50 - a lot of the 'boutique' manufacturers offer high-quality 20W50, you even get semi-synth these days. If in doubt, use a quality oil and change more often...

Reply to
Timo Geusch

"EricR" realised it was Sun, 11 Jan 2004

23:32:20 +0000 (UTC) and decided it was time to write:

The engine was designed and built for simple, non-synthetic 20W50 oil. I suggest you chuck that in and enjoy the car. No sense in going over the top when it comes to oil for classics.

Reply to
Yippee