whats it worth?

hi all...

just wondered if anyone can help me?

ive been offered a 1969/70 H reg triumph spitfire that needs restoring...its been sat in a dry garage for 18 years...it comes with new wings,doors,bootlid,hood and loads of other new parts including a brand new gearbox(still boxed)....underneath is solid but want repairs to rear arches and new wings fitting....but the chap wont give me a price...he says make him an offer...anyone have an idea of its value? also what would it be worth when finished?

thanks

dave

Reply to
david cuss

So offer him silly money and see what he says! FWIW Practical Classics gives £900 for condition 3 up to 4k for condition 1. That's if it's a MkIII, MkIVs came out in 1970 and prices are lower.

Got to be worth at least a grand with all those parts.

Reply to
Chris Bolus

thanks chris,done what you said and made a silly offer of £200....and he accepted....so ive now got another project for when my vw camper is finished....

thanks

dave

restoring...its

Reply to
david cuss

I was going to suggest that the parts were worth a grand and the car bugger all, so I suppose he's done alright for 200 quid!

Reply to
Willy Eckerslyke

'Tis what I would've done. I look at it this way - The PO probably gets more than they expected, I pay less than it's worth. Everyone's happy then :)

Though I might have started with a very silly hundred quid just to push my luck - It's worked sometimes in the past :)

Reply to
Stuffed