Latest threads in Classic Cars - UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Anyone know a good forum / site for old commercial vehicles?
I'm having no luck googling. This enquiry 'doubles' one that I just posted here in a thread, but ---,
6
6

Is this radiator grille from a old Riley or Wolseley?
In 1964 it was used on the stock car of Nev Hughes, shown here at Long Eaton: it's neither, can anyone identify the grille? Thanks.
13
13

Parts for 1934 "Singer nine Le Mans Coupe"
Hi - I am looking for spare parts for a 1934 "Singer nine Le Mans Coupe". Mudguards and Jaeger instruments are of particular interest but I will consider everything of reasonable quality. Thanks
2
2

New Classic car museum in Malaga
Just come back from Malaga City,Spain. I found that they have recently (2 Months ago) opened a new car museum in the old tobacco warehouse (Tabacalera). They claim it is the biggest in southern...
3
3

limousine for VIP
A limousine or a limousine is a very expensive luxury car that is used for special events like weddings, VIP transportation transfers of guests, birthday parties and the airport. It is a very long car...
2
2

NEC Classic Show
Went to it yesterday. Enjoyed the show - but the venue is the pits. Dreadful signposting and organisation. And the food even more expensive than usual at this sort of thing. Was directed to the North...
12
12

Green with grey trim, or not?
Hmm, what to do? I have a "barn find" SD1 Vitesse (in targa red) with only 45k miles on the clock which is awaiting restoration and a respray. Alena would quite fancy a metallic green, fairly dark,...
16
16

Marcos Ford
I'm in the early stages of thinking about one more rebuild before I shuffle off the plate - you know, collecting brochures, reading road tests, convincing myself that it's a very practical daily...
27
27

Crankshaft pulley for a BMC 1.5 diesel
I'm trying to source one of these which are a bit like hens' teeth. Given this diesel engine is a variant of the B-series 1500 engine, are there any "compatible" pulleys from the other...
23
23

Grr...
Decided to fix a small coolant leak on the SD1 over the weekend. There's a heater pipe which runs under the inlet manifold, and elimination suggested this the culprit. Which means a fair amount of...
11
11

Rover 75 Tourer
OK, it's not a classic (yet) by a long stretch, but there aren't exactly millions of them about and I bet they'll be clasics in years to come... So, I'm pretty upset to hear that now my father's Rover...
54
54

Registration Numbers
I was trying to find the website that tells me which councils issued which registration letters, but Google was useless, flooding me with people who want to trade cherished plates. So can someone...
7
7

MGA for sale
I saw this delightfully restored MGA for sale, and I thought I would share it with you all in case anyone is interested in it.
30
30

Hydrogen fuel cell
There's a full-page plug, thinly disguised as a feature (although they do put a disclaimer at the end) in the current Jaguar Enthusiast magazine, for a "hydrogen fuel cell" which claims to reduce...
8
8

Classic car insurance - read the small print!
HI Folks Just a cautionary tale.... When I reinsured my '64 Moggie Traveller back in May, I knew that I was going to sell her soon - but, as Tesco had suddenly changed their Insurance company, I ended...
4
4