02 Speakers

Just got 02 coupe 6spd with 8000 miles what a great car,put some NON runflats on and and its even better now but the speakers really suck! Any ideas on what is a good upgrade stereo or what else to do about the speakers?Will it screw up the computer if you d/c the Bose? Any feedback on DYNOMAT? thanks RAH

Reply to
robert horton

I can only address the DYNOMAT. It is good stuff and pretty easy to install. I'm restoring an 82 and we decided we could do a bit better. We settled on Lizard Skin. They have spray on heat shield for the exterior/interior as well as sound deadener for the interior. It keeps the heat out and the road noise has pretty much vanished... at least when the top is on. Lizaard Skin is more expensive than the DYNOMAT and takes more preparation. If all you have time for is removing/replacing the interior, DYNOMAT is a great solution.

David

Reply to
David

I don't know about the 02, but when I replaced my Bose system in my 96, I get a SYS error message whenever the lighting inside changes because the computer is trying to adjust the lighting on the Bose system that doesn't exist anymore. There is a service bulletin out on how to correct it and next time I have the dash out I'll take care of it. Rob

78 & 96 Coupes (red of course)
Reply to
Scubabix