1984 What is there to say..??

Here is an expensive car when new and here is what you got for your $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Slowest windows on the market Windows that fail easily ..ever try to pay the toll with a window that won't go down or lock your 84 with the window open..?? Clear coat paint ..flaked right off....GM dealer said acid rain..I say BS...cost $2,000 Window washer ..don't try it with your windows open Dash cluster...failed twice..cost $$$ each time.... Hardest ride you ever felt..a garbage truck probably rides better Crossfire..we all know about that....almost as bad as the opti-spark Fit and finish...you got to be kidding..nothing fits and everything inside squeaks or breaks. Roll up rear window shade type cover snaps open and can scare the heck out of you... Dash..cracks.. Battery drain..still not solved ....don't leave your Vette too long unless you carry a booster battery. Seats with perforations.. ..dried out and tore apart...($1,000 ) Head light motors..how long do you think those plastic gears will last.. Take off the top and the car will shake you teeth loose. Steering wheel self destructs... Arms rests pull door panels loose.. Early life failures..water pump..A/C..alternator ( twice)..radiator . BOSE radio..big bomb. Ever try to read the dash when wearing Ray Bans...???? Just my personal opinion based on ownership..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe any one else that was unfortunate to own an 1984 can add to this list.....lets hear from you all.

Reply to
Maddog
84 had the passenger window stop half way down the crossfire was smoother off the blocks than the 86 washer did spray paint was fine except the dealer gave me a car with chips in the roof alarm did sound when opening door from outside thru window the maint insurance on that new model did pay off battery drained on radio antenna doing what it wanted anytime, including storage.

86 working on 3rd Alternator on 86 in 30K miles (Chev shop guy was on 4th) antenna stays up and grinds away trying to go down MAF relay seat belt Service soon 42 and 44 low coolant notice with all full back spark plugs foul

ssome

Reply to
ssome