how to

i purchased a pre-owned 94 saab turbo... already having electrical problems... does anyone know where i can go online to get some info on how to fix the problems... if i absolutely have to take it to a mechanic then i will, otherwise, i'd rather try and fix it myself... everytime i've taken a car to a mechanic, it is always coming out with new problems... does anyone know of a reliable, trust-worthy mechanic in the san bruno, ca or within 20 miles radius?

thanks

Reply to
fixitmyself

Sure, right here. What problem are you seeing?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

well....

  1. when i tried to adjust to back rest on the passenger side, it twisted to the right side... not sure what happened... when i tried to move it back by pressing the knob, it just made some noise but nothing happened... the back rest to the chair is still twisted.

  1. i rolled down the window on the driver side in the back today and when i tried to roll it back up, it wouldn't go up and so now my car is packed outside with the window down.

  2. my husband pressed on the hazard light button and the whole thing went inside... we managed to popped the clock and pulled the button back out but the ring that was around the button preventing it front going inside the dashboard (if you call it that) is broken and i need to find a used part for it somewhere... not sure where to go.

  1. my son broken the plastic casing of the light on the back door on the driver side... i also need a used part for that ... i think i can manage to fix the last 2 problems by myself... just need to know where i should go.

Thanks for your help.

Reply to
fixitmyself

I will try to help with two of your problems. There may be others in the group that have experience with the others.

  1. Most often corroded contacts in the switchbox is the cause of a window failure. It is relatively easy to disassemble the box an polish the contacts. Search under my name (Frist) in this group and open "Re: Window Switch Problem" for details.
  2. Twice I have had to replace a rear door light lens in a 9000. They are at just the right height so that if you have a something loose like an umbrella on the back seat (or a son) it will smash into it when you make a hard turn. If by plastic casing you mean the lens, they come up on Ebay periodically. Search under "Saab 9000 light."

Tell your husband to ease up on punching buttons.

Reply to
R. Frist

I might be able to help you with two of your problems. Others may have advice on the others.

Re.#2: Most often the failure of a window is due to corroded contacts in the switchbox. It is relatively easy to polish the contacts. For details search this group using my name (frist). Click on "Re: Window Switch Problem." This will save you the $200 plus that a new switchbox would cost.

Re. #4: I have replaced two lenses on rear door lights of our 9000s. They are just the right height so that if something is loose on the rear seat like an umbrella (or a son?) it will smash the lens in a hard turn. New and used lenses come up on Ebay regularly. Search with "Saab 9000 door light."

Tell your husband to ease up when he punches buttons.

Reply to
R. Frist

Sounds like you're pressing the buttons too hard and your son is clumsy.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear