2000 Vette - camshaft damper

Hey Dad, Ric, etc.

In replacing the belts on my 2000 Vette, looks like the camshaft damper (may have been the crankshaft damper?) had major play, which contributed to the squeaking. Sound about right to you all?

Empty3

2000 White Vette 1990 White Vette
Reply to
Empty3

In replacing the belts on my 2000 Vette, looks like the camshaft damper (may have been the crankshaft damper?) had major play, which contributed to the squeaking. Sound about right to you all?

Empty3

2000 White Vette 1990 White Vette

Yep, there has been a bulletin out on it for a number of years. Some have left through the radiator and AC condenser. Replacement kit is/has been available, not sure what you would do but I'd take it to my (trusted) dealer if you can't get it on a lift and work on it. By the way the kit it a bolt with locker on it and a washer, not expensive.

Reply to
Dad

Thanks Dad, its at the shop right now and I'm having the damper replaced as well.

Empty3

Reply to
Empty3