2000 Hyundai Elantra Transmission Questions

Hey there!! I have a 2000 Hyundai Elantra with a rebuilt transmission with about

50k miles on it. just before the transmission was replaced and right after, it threw a DTC of P0722 Pulse Generator - no signal. The PG(S) were replaced and the vehicle ran fine. NOW....the Check engine light came on - -CODE P0734 - Gear 4 ratio incorrect and P1624 Manufacture Control Auxillary output/input (what in the world does that mean?), it is having trouble shifting into OD (almost exact Signs just prior to replacing the PG as before.) I did some research on the Hyundai service website which advised - that code 0734 may be induced by an improperly functioning PG-B. MISTAKE # 1- I took it to the local hyundai dealership, their answer : NEW TRANSMISSION. Even after I provided them all of the information they insisted it needs a new transmission. Please help as I am desperate!!!!
Reply to
fireman134

fireman134

While it's possible for a faulty PG-B to set a P0734, that rarely occurs without setting a P0722. The most likely (accurate) diagnosis is that you'll need major transmission repair, making a remanufacured transmission a cost-effective repair. Heck, you may even be able to get one in this car for around $1500 installed from the dealer.

Of course, I cannot determine the actual problem with your car and inspecting it, but it's reasonable to say that if the dealer checked the pulse generators, fluid level, and range switch, and they're all okay, that recommending a new (remanufactured) transmission is proper.

-- Message posted using

information at

hyundaitech

Reply to