2012 Nissan GTR=Corvette ZR1 KILLER.

Skylines have outclassed overpriced underperforming cars like Corvettes for years. Even several generation old Modded Skylines have easily done 1/4 mile in 7 seconds, 0-200 mph in 13 seconds, etc. Well, the STOCK 2012

1200bhp GTR has a 1/4 mile time of 9.6 seconds, and a 0-200 time of 23 seconds. Now a Highly modded 2012 GTR should do 1/4 mile in about 6 seconds, and 0-200 in 11 seconds. Nissan's dominance over inferior cars will once again be proven when the GTR CRUSHES the competition when the Stig Finally gets to drive it on the Top Gear Track. The Current Gen GTR CRUSHES the ZO6 and the next generation GTR will CRUSH the next generation ZR1. Next Gen GTR
Current Gen GTR
Cars like Corvettes aren't really even the competition for the GTR it's ONLY the MSRP that leads to the comparison. Cars such as the Porsche GT2, Enzo Ferrari, Bugatti Veyron GT, SSC Aero, and the Konnegsegg CCR are the competition for the GTR.

There are a few cars that can beat a GTR in a straight line, but very few if ANY production cars can beat it on the track. Hell, it will even smoke the upcoming Bugatti Veyron GT or the SSC Aero on the track because of INSANE DRIVING ON RAILS cornering.

Reply to
Sal

great site ! thanks , dick

Reply to
D.

Reply to
al7731

Face facts "S"tupid "a"55 "l"amer, you haven't got a clue. Your last sedan was a toad and so is this pick.

Sal wrote:

Reply to
Bob I

Corvettes are garbage that only rednecks and highschool dropouts would drive. You don't see doctors, lawyers, people with PHDs or even Master's degrees driving. Even Evo, Supra, RX7, WRX, and GTI drivers are far more educated. And BTW, even OLD Skylines PWN Corvettes.

only way to make a Corvette a good car is put a Corvette body on aREAL car.

EVEN old skylines can crush 1900 BHP Vipers.

Corvettes are simply outclassed in everyway, and they have HORRIBLE HORRIBLE oversteer and cornering unlike AWD cars like the Evo FQ400, EIP R32 Golf, and Nissan GTR. That's why Skylines crush Corvettes so bad at the track. Corvettes have a primitive leafspring suspension that would be at home on a camel cart in Arabia in the 7th century. Corvettes also have CRAPPY GM reliability unlike the GTR's amazing Japanese reliability. It's no wonder that Toyota's kicking GM's butt so bad because GM continues to make crappy cars like the Corvette. Hell, even decad ole Supras are running 7 second 1/4 mile unlike crappy Corvettes. Corvettes are SOOOOO Pathetic. Even an old stock 5500lbs Grandpa's car like the Phaeton W12 could do 201 MPH way back years ago as verified by Jeremy Clarkson on Top Gear, and the first Stock Corvette that can do that is the 2009 ZR1 @ over 100k. Hell, even 5 year old HPA Golfs and EIP Golfs were doing that for LESS than 55K.

Reply to
Sal

Reply to
Bob I

Dear Sal, One more time, get out of Philly and drive. Learn what Oversteer is and how to employ it. If you can't, stick to a PT Cruiser.

-- pj, MBA (Sorry guys, no doctorate), Member SETP -- Sal can figure out which one.

Sal wrote:

Reply to
pj

On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 14:39:58 -0800 (PST), Sal wrote something wonderfully witty:

Gee should I plaster my Degree's on the windshield so you'd know?

Never mind.

Reply to
The Wolf With the Red Roses

I'd be willing to bet the average education level in our Corvette club is at least a bachelor's degree. The Dean of the school of management at the univeristy here drives a Corvette. It's a state school and salaries are public data. He makes well into 6 figures. So much for the no PhD theory.

Exactly.

AJM '93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp (both tops)

Reply to
CardsFan

on 2/13/2008 9:13 PM Bob I said the following:

The Corvette is a POS like the Firebird and Camaro. My wife had a new Firebird that had to go into the shop once a month to rehang the doors, besides all the other rattles. It looked good, but that was all. Corvettes, Camaros and Firebirds are for kids. It doesn't matter what engine is in it, the quality of the body sucks.

Reply to
willshak

Exactly, that's why Camrys and Accords are great selling cars and not GM garbage like Malibus. I don't see how anyone could buy a Corvette instead of say a Porsche Cayman(if they're looking for a car for a status symbol with a Noble bloodline) or a Nissan GTR if they're looking for better than Corvette Z06 performance for thousands less.

Reply to
Sal

Reply to
Bob I

Just wait till the GTR Spec V comes out with 300lbs less weight, and

80 more horsepower. It will make all the ZR1 owners cry when they get squashed at the drag strip and track. It will do 0-60 in 2.5 seconds, and 1/4 mile in 10.4 seconds and have a top speed of 210+ BONE STOCK. Highly modded it can do 1/4 mile in 6.0 seconds.
Reply to
Sal

I have to agree. I owned a number of GM and Ford cars, and they all turned out to be terrible cars. I had an old fashioned mentality that I have to buy American built cars. But, I cannot afford to keep supporting. Every American car that I owned ran me ragged in repairs after the warranty finished!

A friend and my sister dragged me to a Nissan dealer. They told me that if I buy a Nissan or any Japanese car and I want to return it, they will pay the depreciation and losses.

I bought a Pathfinder, and later on an Altima. I kept the Altima and replaced the Pathfinder with a Murano just a few years ago. I had the Pathfinder for over 18 years. All the Nissan cars that I had were extremely dependable giving many years of trouble free operation, and there were no repairs necessary at all. Over the years, I only had to do general maintenance such as the oil changes, filters, breaks, tires, fan belts, battery, the odd small repair, and etc. I was telling some of my friends that the Nissan cars that I had were running almost like a refrigerator. They just keep running trouble free!

It is unfortunate, but I can see the American car manufactures eventually failing or having to sell out to foreign ownership. I cannot understand what the mentality is, or what the full problem is that the American car manufactures cannot make descent dependable cars!

I will never go back to an American made car!

Reply to
Jerry G.

Reply to
Bob I

Reply to
Bob I

You must be confused, he's not a mechanic. It's the mechanic's loss when people don't buy American cars because then they have much less work since Japanese cars are so trouble free.

Reply to
Sal

My experience was just the opposite. We had a Nissan Maxima. It was constantly in need of repair. The interior trim fell apart. The buttons broke and tore off the seats. The glove box broke, even though it was rarely used. It constantly ate brakes and tires.

My '93 Corvette has had two break downs. Both were electronic modules. I've had no major repairs. The paint and interior are still excellent. It still looks and runs like a new car, and it is 15 years old.

My wifes Cadillac is a pleasure to drive and runs great. The interior looks like the day we got it. The paint is also perfect. The Chrysler

300M She had before it was just as good when we sold it as when we bought it. The Ford Explorer that she had before that was perfect when we traded it for the Chrysler. We had very few repairs on any of the three.

I buy American cars because I like them. My next car will be a 2010 Corvette.

Reply to
JimH

Yep, they are what intelligent people call disposable. The parts are so expensive, you junk the car instead of fix it. Theres a reason you seldom see a 20 year old one on the road. They died or rusted away. So once again you display your incredible lack of knowledge, you ignorant loser.

Reply to
Bob I

I see tons of old Accords, Camrys, etc on the road, but I never see old Tauruses, Luminas, other other old American family cars. That's cause American cars go to the junkyard after several years, while Japanese cars go to the junkyard after several decades.

Reply to
Sal