ZR1 Smokes GT-R: Chevy Corvette ZR1 vs. Nissan GT-R

One one word.

Pwned.

Still, no reason to bag on the GT-R, nice car with AWD and it's own look and feel. ZR1 is simply a monster. Get rid of those runflats and see what that thing will do - bet you drop .5 off the quarter.

Venger

Reply to
Venger

The GT-R is a pretty impressive car. Besides the 4WD, I guess what sets it off is the paddle transmission. See Jay Leno's Garage. That said, it is just plain ugly, imho. Why didn't the soup up a Nissan Z? I guess because they already had a 4WD ski wagon. But comparing it to the ZR-1 is a joke.

I've had two Z06's. A C5 with Goodyear F1's and a C6 with the run flats. I have no complaints with the run flats. They seem to handle just like the non run flats. Yes, they do track road grooves, because they're very wide. I don't see the run flats adding a half second to the quarter mile time, but I wouldn't know as I've never lit them up. I can't afford to at 400 bucks a pop.

Ed

Reply to
Spud

I notice that you're comparing a ZR1 to an OLD GTR. The GTR is competition for the ZO6, NOT the ZR1. The GTR SPEC V is competition for the ZR1, and the GTR SPEC V CRUSHES the ZR1 in 0-60, 1/4 mile, top speed, and also at the ring by more than 6 seconds.

Reply to
Sal

BTW, this video above was RIGGED and was not a stock ZR1. A stock ZR1 is BARELY faster than a GTR in the 1/4 mile. Road and Track ran a stock ZR1 vs a Stock Ferrari 599, and the 599 won in 0-60, 1/4 mile, AND top speed.

?section_id=3D7&article_id=3D7445

Reply to
Sal

BTW, this video above was RIGGED and was not a stock ZR1. A stock ZR1 is BARELY faster than a GTR in the 1/4 mile. Road and Track ran a stock ZR1 vs a Stock Ferrari 599, and the 599 won in 0-60, 1/4 mile, AND top speed.

?section_id=7&article_id=7445 Either way... they're both fast cars, but as a piece of art... ANY Ferrari beats them hands down.

Having said that... I'd rather have a GT-R than a 'vette... simply because it's not american.

Dream wheels of the day? A F430 scuderia... looks fast, IS fast, and is worth looking at too. Both the GT-R and 'vette are ugly as sin.

Reply to
asdf