63 park brake cable/handle problem

While applying the park brake some time ago, the handle pulled off the cable. Is there a reliable repair for that end of the cable or is it replace
only? I notice the cable is not an inexpensive part. It won't add too much to my project total cost, so if it's only a temporary fix, I'll bite the bullet and go with the new part. Thanx- lib

you're probably better off with the new part.
my2
--
"Key"