63 roadster parts/more questions

1) I am going to get the deluxe rebuild kits for the front & rear suspension.Are the poly bushings a better product than the rubber ones? 2) Are the stainless brake lines better than the steel/tin lines in regards to longevity? 3) Any opinions or experience with this exhaust system at Ebay; Item number: 8001734457 (Stage 2 system w/ mufflers+resonators it appears)? I also have the option of taking it to a local muffler shop and having them do an install. I am going to stay with the existing 2" exhaust system.The block is going to be in the machine shop for at least 2 weeks so we are trying to get the suspension, brakes, exhaust, differential rebuild kits together now. I am perusing the Ebay stores for these items first. I appreciate any knowledge on these items or your own rebuild experiences you care to share- Lib
Reply to
lib

it out for excellent parts and suggestions.Tech help is just that, very helpful

Reply to
Kickstart
1) Poly bushings are excellent for improving handling and making it perform better. However, that is not without a cost. They often squeak and make a lot of noise. They ride harsher, making it ride like a truck. So if your goal is serious autocrossing or doing track days on a race track, use the poly bushings. If you do not want to race it, then use the rubber bushings.

2) The stock steel lines lasted probably 20 years or more and new stock steel lines will probably outlast you. Still, stainless steel ones will only need to be done once. If the car is to be judged in NCRS or Bloomington Gold, stainless steel will take a deduction.

3) I would use a stock style exhaust. The further a muffler is from the manifolds, the more horsepower you make. Also, having mufflers under your seat cuts your ground clearance and increases the heat in the passenger area.

Going to a local muffler shop is not a bad idea, as most can custom bend and fit one in as cheaply or cheaper than many premade, plus they will fit it so it doesn't hit, leak, and flop around. Many premade systems have to be fitted completely because as strange as it sounds, they can't make them to actually fit the car. However, Midas is about as expensive as they get. If you have a Meinicke, they are much cheaper and frequently there are private, non-chain shops that can do even better.

Reply to
Tom in Missouri