79 instrument panel not working after attempted turn-signal switch replacement

My turn signal wasn't working very well so i got the bright idea to replace my turn signal switch. I bought the turn signal switch and have attempted to install it on 3 different occasions, all unsuccessful. The latest attempt I almost had it out except for the wiring harness catching on the steering column, which the only way i could think of to get it through would be to remove all the wires from the harness. I left it in my garage like this for a month and now I just bought a house and need to move the car to the new house. I put everything back together just using the old turn signal switch and now my instrument panel isn't working. The turn signals/hazards do work but the lights on the instrument panel don't. The warning buzzer also stays on for an unusually long time. I'm not sure what I might have disrupted but there is a pink .5A fused wire that is cut and hanging loose under the dash. I have checked all fuses and they are all good. Anyone happen to know what might be wrong with the instrument panel or what that pink wire is too? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
tmiley