C4 Cross Frame brace

Has anyone installed a factory convertible cross frame brace on a coupe...??? If so what did you have to do to mount it..???

Reply to
grayfox

Had one off a Convertabe that I put on my 95.... I did have to drill a few holes ...

There is a company that sells an cross brace commercially now with complete dirrections...of course its not a Factory Piece... most likely better !

It stiffened up the car quite a bit...But I still hardly ever removed the top...

Bob G.

Reply to
Bob G.

Thanks Bob for the info.

Reply to
grayfox

Check out the May 2006 issue of Corvette Fever very good article on cross frame bracing

Reply to
Theoldman

That's what I was going to post. LOL It's square tubing instead of stamped piece like the factory. Should be stiffer. Now the way I took from the article, if your C4 was manufactured after the factory started using the cross brace on the rag top, the coupe should already have the holes there.... Plus you have to mount the fuel filter up a little higher on non cross brace year models.

If the poster doesn't have a year model with the holes there, he would be advised to get that issue of Corvette Fever... The pics would be very helpful.

Theoldman wrote:

Reply to
RicSeyler