C5 ('02) Security Light ?

Have had the Security Light come on while driving, usually after hitting a pot hole or expansion joint. Seems to happen more often with ride control set to 'sport' than 'tour.'

It always resets OK when the engine is shut down. No starting issues.

Quick diagnostic test drive at dealer ($55) said no problem. Two days later the light came on while driving.

Car has 6-spd.

Anyone have any experience with this? And, was it a wiring/harness/connector issue or, is there a shock sensor in the Security System that's triggering this?

Yup, I know ... try steering around pot holes. {8-|

-- pj

Reply to
pj

Not to unusual and it may well be the sensitivity of the system or a lose connection as you state. Under harsh driving the "check active suspension" light will come on my C6, but not always. I guess what I'm saying is I can't help you with how to kill the activation but maybe this will help you keep out of the $55 bill to read the thrown code.

Use this button combination that can get the DIC to show any codes the car has thrown without a tool. That combination is as follows: . Turn the ignition key to the ON position, but do not start the car. . Clear any pre-set messages by pressing the RESET button. . Hold the OPTIONS button down, and press the FUEL button 4 times. This will get you into the CODES section of the DIC. The computer will automatically display all the codes your car has created. It will cycle through each code every 3 seconds. Any code that ends in H is a code that was registered previously but is no longer an issue. . Once the computer has finished going through all of it's codes, press RESET to enter Manual Configuration mode. It should start with a module and show "NO CODES" or "# CODES". . To optionally reset the codes once in manual mode, press and hold RESET until it displays "NO CODES". . Press OPTIONS button to go to the next module.

Right now I can't remember how to get out of it but do remember that the manual tells you how to get out of it or just turn the ignition off.

Reply to
Dad

Thanx much Dad.

No codes now -- I think the dealer may have cleared them. Will re-check the next time this thing shows.

Only concern is getting out in the middle of nowhere and having security kill the fuel.

I printed this out and have it in car.

-- pj

Reply to
pj

NP, but I know your fear, my computer died in the '98 one hot Sunday afternoon on the way home on I75 in Michigan. It thought it was being stolen and would run but would not move, we at least were able to run the air as we rode to the dealership on a flat bed. Now I see there are people rebuilding them for under $200. Sometimes with factory security systems & immobilizers SKIS/SKIM on many OBD-II MODELS

2001-UP, the dealer or factory is the only option.

Now I fear any breakdown in the '64 because no one carries parts that old. My spare tire is being replaced by a space saver and a packet of spare parts, mainly ignition and a fuel pump.

Reply to
Dad