C5 oil pressure varying

I just noticed my oil pressure is now varying, going up during and after acceleration, and then dropping when not accelerating. It goes between 35 and 52 lbs.

I never saw that before and do not think it's supposed to do that, is it?

I bought an extended warranty, but I'd appreciate your thoughts before I take it in.

Thanks

Reply to
Homeless

oil pressure varies with engine RPM and temperature.

as engine rpm increases so does oil pressure, within the limitations of the oil pump and its design. You do have min and max oil pressure values.

low rpm = lower oil pressure high rpm = higher oil pressure

what you describe appears to be "normal"

----------- Elbert snipped-for-privacy@me.com

Reply to
Elbert

Thanks, that is the intuitive answer, but I just never noticed it before and my other vehicles do not seem to move. I thought maybe it was regulated.

Reply to
Homeless