Oil pressure gauge in '67/427

My '67 427/390 only has a 60 lb max figure on the oil pressure gauge. As I recall, a '65 327/300 I used to own had an 80 lb gauge (might have
been a 90#... it's been 20 years since I sold the car).
My reason for asking is that when accelerating it's pretty easy to peg or nearly peg the needle at 60 lbs. - otherwise, at idle it sits right about mid-point at 30 lbs.
Might anyone know offhand if the 60 lb gauge is the correct one for the 427/390s? Might there be any problem indicated by the high pressure reading (according to the range given on the gauge) on acceleration?
Here's waving to ya - \||||
Owen ___
'67BB & '72BB
-- not affiliated with JLA forum in any way -- alt.autos.corvette is original posting -- ___
Barking Rats wrote:

On my original 67 390 hp I will peg at 60 pounds when cold but after it warms up it will drop to around 55 pounds under acceleration. At idle it may drop to 45 pounds.....
My 67/390 had a 60psi gage and I replaced it with an 80psi from Corvette Central after I put a high volume pump in.
In article

Thanks ddodero and 67RATT, I guess I've got the right one in there. Anyone know the high pressure mark for the 327s of the '63s to '67s?