colors

I just saw a Dodge truck at a Walmart which appeared to be new and was burnt orange in color. Upon leaving the Walmart I saw a 07 vette also the same color. Off topic: the vette had to be an '07 with a license plate that read "07vette" (nice name).

Is it just a coincidence or is burnt orange a popular color? If it matters it was in the south.

Reply to
rob

It came out on the 05 as Daytona Sunset Orange, later changed to Atomic Orange to get it to sell. Low percentage of sales but strongly defended as the best color out there by those that have them. Only 2,981 were produced out of total production of 37,372 and I haven't seen 2006 numbers yet to see if the color change got it out of the dumper.

Reply to
Dad

the 2007 Mustang is also available in orange..... color must be making a comeback

Reply to
Green Acres is the place to be

I seen both. DSOM was the better color.

Reply to
benf802961

Burnt orange is back and hot just peek at this and you will see Chevrolet is proud of this I cannot keep them on my lot

Eric Grube

rob wrote:

Reply to
ezautostore

First off you have to have them to keep them on "your lot" and second Chevrolet is "proud" of that color and not just trying to sell it? Burnt orange is back from where, don't remember it being here the first time? I must admit that its second year sales are impressive. The more pickups you see it on the better it will get. Just out of curiosity how many have you sold and do you have any on "your lot" now?

2005

Red 29.5% (4 different shades) Black 21.4% Silver 18.4 % Blue 10.1% Orange 8% Yellow 7.4% (the hot color 5 years ago at 9.4% with a $600 premium) White 5.3%

2006

Black 26.7% Yellow 23.3% (new shade) Red 19% Silver 15.6 % Blue 10.7% Orange 4.5% (Hot?) White >1%

Spiral gray that came out in 2003 sold more than the orange (9%), and was dropped after the second year while out selling it again (10%).

Reply to
Dad

Thanks Dad for the interesting stats. I've seen some white vettes tho not many and I guess your stats tell me why. For some reason, I usually like white cars but I've seen perhaps 2 white C5's and for me, white didn't do the car justice but beauty is in the eye of the beholder so if someone else loves white vettes, no problem. I have to admit, the burnt orange vehicles looked real nice, tho a bit too flashy for my taste.

Reply to
rob

The first C5 I drove was a white one and I ordered a black one because it made the big ass look smaller. White is only kept around because of the first one being white, JMHO, never had one but think they are much better than the orange. I think you either love it or hate it, no choice as far as I'm concerned. They dropped white one year IIRC and dropped black for a number of years, colors come and go and if we're lucky burnt orange will be dropped.

Reply to
Dad

Durng my Sunday romp, I met up with a '38 Chevy business coupe--done in ermine white with burnt orange flames. Definitely a trendsetter!

Possibly an improvement over 'gunmetal' one of the trendsetting colors from the late 30's.

-- PJ

Reply to
PJ

Any rumors about replacing the LeMans Blue with Nassau or something close to it in '08? The LeMans on the C6 has zero pop value. Traditional color or not, it does nothing for the car.

Reply to
truebluebowtie

You're right about the LaMans blue doing nothing for a car, unless it's spotless and in the sunlight. I had an 04 for about 9 months and it was dead when wet, shaded, a little dirty, and at night. The silver I now drive is just as good looking in all of those conditions and I spend less time cleaning it and more time driving it.

You may see more that just color changes in '08. There could well be a re-skin, update of the C6 along with another undeserved generation change to C7. As much as they have played with the red on this generation hopefully they will do something with the blue, but I've seen no indication there is anything coming soon. Not sure what they are doing but after waiting from the last of June telling the dealer what I wanted ordered until last week my order was cancelled by me. Not playing their game any more, stupid allotment BS.

With a sales jump of MINUS 3351 units from '05 to '06, even with 6272 Z06 being added, there is no doubt that GM has its finger on the pulse of Corvette sales. They must be spending to much time building XLRs, yeah right!

Reply to
Dad

Hello Dad, Thanks the detailed response. I have a loaded '87 blue I'm looking to sell with 18,500 on it with my eye on something new in late summer of '07 probably. Caught the Carlisle show and saw the new "orange" and "reds" but as mentioned, totally unimpressed with the blue, which my wife and I had both settled in on.......before seeing it live. have ruled out all but your silver and did like the looks of that with black insides. Will probably go that route if the blue stays the same. Interesting that you talked about a re-skin. Care to share where you think they might go with this? C7? Holy cow Batman! Didn't expect that one for several years. Still a little edgy about GM's financial problems too. ZO6 is out of the question but a good, base car with auto is where we're going with this. Not really looking for resale here, but a drivable car. In fact, I've had the '87 since March of '88 and plan on the same with the next one. It'll probably have to go into the will rather than worry about me doing a resale. :-)

Reply to
truebluebowtie

, colors come

All Corvettes will be red next year, as it should be. That's all I have to say about that

kickstart

Reply to
Kickstart

Is that you Forrest? Don't be so narrow minded, when you buy paint Burnt Orange is considered a red. Many of the Corvette reds were actually orange, its red engine was the same , nearly, as Allis Chalmers orange. The shades of red would blow your mind and they all look awesome when freshly painted. Personally I like the blue tinted reds, over the yellow tinted. The reds seem to attract the Gestapo while the other colors will get by them. Well, that's almost true, the only Corvette I've ever gotten a ticket with is the one I'm driving now. Been stopped in most all of them but just a warning or a curious cop. My '98 would have been red but they dropped red interior that year, only had maroon, go figure.

Reply to
Dad