Low Tire Pressure Warning System

Hi,

I am looking for used low tire pressure sensors for my 96 corvette. I call junk yards and they have no idea about them. I have called the dealer and the prices are outrageous. Does anyone have any they are trying to sell or know where one could find used sensors?

Thanks, Colin

Reply to
colin.marker

check ebay

Reply to
ZÿRiX

Colin:

stocks a small selection, some are discontinued and out of stock, check for availability. Prices are probably in the same general area as the dealers ($200+ per wheel)Check the 'Vette dismantlers, places like:
Here's a great site that's got lots of 'Vette links:
Also, post a parts wanted message on the Corvette Forum:
All kidding aside, the LPTWS wheel sensors can and do break and become detached inside the tire causing potentially catastrophic damage. They have been known to self destruct at high speed and cause massive tire/wheel imbalance leading to tire failure. At speed, a sudden wheel imbalance and/or tire shredding can be fatal. Removing the sensors causes the LPTWS light to light on the DIC, but the bulb can be removed quite easily. It's a nifty feature to be sure, but if you do any sport driving at all, I highly recommend that you consider removal of the sensors completely.

Good luck!

TomC '90ZR1 #792

Reply to
Crabs