tire rotation on 07 4Runner - low pressure sensors?

I have a 4Runner with low air pressure sensors - I was told by the local shop (not Toyota) that they would not rotate the tires on a vehicle that has low air pressure sensors - they said it would mess with the readings.

I can't believe this requires some special function or the spare tire would require dealer installation.

Don't they just sense the tire nearest to the side they are on?

Reply to
Leythos

Doe your 4Runner have a reset button for the pressure sensors?

Reply to
DanG

No idea, I've not even RTFM. I asked because I was sitting here, away from the vehicle and manual, and wondered.

Reply to
Leythos

Check the owner's manual under "Maintenance - Tire Rotation" for the proper way to do it on your specific vehicle. After that, find a new shop.

Reply to
B A R R Y