Paddle Shift on Z06

Is the auto with paddle shifter ever going to be on the Z06?

Reply to
Steve Horrillo

Never say never...BUT why?

Bob G.

Reply to
Bob G.

Reply to
Bob I

Of course I meant say to include it as an option. I have a bad left leg so shifting is a real effort. There's others I'm sure who aren't up to clutching all day either. But my last manual was a '95 Dodge Viper. The Vette may be a whole different world.

Reply to
Steve Horrillo

================ UNFORTUNATELY .... I am getting to the same point...on some days I am already there....

I now own 5 Corvettes and drive a little Dodge Dakota every day...all of the vehicles are manuals except one of the Corvettes (a 79) The truck will be replaced by an automatic ...BUT to be honest I still have no desire to buy a Corvette with an automatic simply because I "think" ...but do not know...if I could REALLY enjoy driving one (and by driving I mean...HARD !

Bitch to get old...its to the point where if somethng on my body does not hurt I have not used it...

Bob G.

Reply to
Bob G.

The Viper was ALOT more fun to *drive* but a pain to "commute" with. For a year and a half it was my only car so I had no options. Now my second car is a Saturn so IMO I still only have one car. :) Also being that my wife doesn't know or want to know how to shift I have to do all the driving so the paddle shift is an "unhappy medium.:)

IMO the automatic Vette is not much fun unless you drop it into lower gears. That's why I like the paddle shift option. But in practice will I use it?

The right solution would be to get out of condo living, buy a house and have several cars. I just hope I'll have the time to enjoy it. Boy it must be great to be born into big money! :)

Reply to
Steve Horrillo

True that the manual shift forces you to have fun. Hmmmmm. Now you've got me thinking... :)

Reply to
Steve Horrillo